Loose lay or glue?
Module floors ranges can be installed over any hard surface and in most situations will not require gluing (except Module decor GL3).
When is it necessary to glue ?
It is advisable to glue the floor in areas subject to direct sunlight such as glass fronted entrance foyers, shop fronts, south facing loading bay doors and so on. It is possible that the floor in direct sunlight will get very hot and expand at a faster and higher rate than the remainder of the floor. Ovens, furnaces and catalytic converters can make it extremely hot and may cause the floor to expand.
Certain fork lift and pallet truck designs can cause a problem such as heavy trucks with small wheels. Especially electric trucks where the battery is located over the main drive wheel and/or engines with thin and hard wheels. Our indications will help you make your choice through our product ranges. If in doubt, contact us !
Each use environment being unique and the variables numerous (frequency, weight, material used, speed, etc), those indications are not contractual. We strongly encourage you to carry out a preliminary test with our Module Floors tiles to choose the most suitable product and its installation method (free or gluing).
In which case is PU DEFENDER coating recommended ?
It is strongly recommended to use with our PVC tiles in all garage type environments (workshop, showroom, etc.)
- To avoid tire rubber migration: it is possible that certain rubber tires and wheels may stain the tile. This is a result of a chemical reaction that occurs between the anti-oxidant that is used in some rubbers and the plasticizer used in vinyl. The reaction is yellow / brown in color.
- To protect the PVC tiles against chemical products.
- And more generally speaking, to ease cleaning, and reduce dirt.
Are Module Floors products suitable for an outdoor use ?
Yes but only those from our Module Floors Outdoor ranges.
What about color difference from one batch to the other for the same color ?
We are unable to guarantee 100% color consistency between individual production batches. Each individual order will be supplied from a single batch but in the event that you need additional tiles or wish to extend the area we cannot guarantee subsequent orders will be supplied from the same batch. Give us all information at order taking and we will do our utmost to supply the closest color shade.
Flooring installation, key summary :
- Let the floor acclimatize, the minimum recommended installation temperature is 15°C.
- Leave a minimum of 5mm gap between the tiles and any fixed point.
- Do not try and install the tiles straight after delivery, the tiles must be allowed to acclimatize to the ambient room temperature prior to installation. We recommend you allow 24 hours minimum but this will be dependent on temperature.
- The warmer it is the quicker the tiles will acclimatize. If time is short, we recommend you breakdown the pallet of tiles into small packs to help them acclimatize and settle.
- If installation has to take place at a temperature below 15°C leave a larger expansion gap between the tiles and any fixed point and/or incorporate an expansion gap every 8 to 10 meters.
To know more about installation, ask for installation instructions from each of our collections !